Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 28 April 2009

Google Chrome V Mozilla V IE8

I've just been thumbing through my delivered copy of "Computeractive" Magazine, which is out for sale on Thursday.
I have previously read about browsers, Google Chrome, Opera and Mozilla Firebird, ever since they were made available. In this weeks issue of Computeractive, there are several mentions of Internet Explorer 8 plus the others. So today I downloaded them all, and one by one installed them and gave them The Wilson Once Over (which is different my usual Wham Bam Thank You Ma'am).
After a handful of Co-codamol 30mg and Nurofen Plus and a few pills the drunk on the corner was selling, I wished I hadn't bothered.
Google Chrome.
The only sparkly thing about Chrome, is its name.
Mozilla Firefox.
Likewise the only thing remotely interesting about Mozilla Firefox is it's name, which conjures up a mental image of a robotised fox scampering around cyberspace.
Opera.
Yes you guessed it Opera sounds like an intellectual piece of kit and is a big let down too.
Internet Explorer 8.
IE8 is a cleaner looking IE7 with slightly faster Internet access and the tabs are smoother in their operation. Overall I felt most comfortable with IE as its what I've been used to. Unfortunately, Bill Gates will only get even more richer as the opposition are far poorer by comparison.
I have worked at places that use APPLE/MAC, and found them very easy to use with extremely quick file retrieval as a PC, but Internet access seems slow as most servers seem to use MS, and there is an innate incompatibility between them and the APPLE browser, SAFARI. The only other Operating system after the big two (assuming that 8% for Apple is counted as big!) is LINUX.
As an old friend of mine once said, when I asked him about using Linux, Linux is for computer geeks. Stay away!
I have never considered Linux after that.
I am now using IE8 and like I said, it works well, I am used to it, and hopefully, all the bugs with IE7/Explorer have been worked out of the system, and there will be no more crashing.
DTW 28/4/2009
Addendum: at 18:15 "I spoke too soon, It's crashed again."

No comments:

Post a Comment