Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 29 April 2009

More $hit From The Council

Despite making a claim for Job seekers allowance on 10th March 2009, the claim has not been processed because some w@nker somewhere has decided to scrutinise how we have spent Annette's meagre inheritance, to see if we spent it inappropriately in order to claim JSA.
Once criticism that may be levied at us is that we started shopping at Waitrose a few times and gave Farmfoods and Aldi a miss.
Who the PHUCK do they think they are?
Because of this delay, we have built up rent arrears with the council. Despite many calls from me to the council's benefit service, yesterday we were served with "Notice Seeking Possession" by our ever loving council. The letter was, of course, hand delivered by TWO people from the Neighbourhood office, presumably so they could nip into Oddbins or M&S on their way around.
My main gripe is this preoccupation by both The Council's Benefit Service AND The DWP/Income support office as to our spending patterns! Furthermore, because all the offices are closing down and consolidating, I have to ring a 0845 number which means even with inclusive daytime landline calls I am still paying 7p per minute for the privilege of burning an ulcer through my gastric walls. And I say again.
Who the PHUCK do they think they are?
I know we have been quite lucky to receive this inheritance, but if I'd been working we could have enjoyed the extra money for a decent holiday (which we didn't do this time) rather than use it to just live off. At least I was honest enough to declare it as soon as we received it, and I still had to claim JSA every fortnight to get my NI stamp filled.
We have had to get bank statements for the last 15 months and provide a receipt or justify every amount over £300 spent. Twice (IS & BCC)
Who the PHUCK do they think they are?
DTW 29/4/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment